Friday, July 10, 2015

Why I am Excited to Travel the World
      I am so excited to travel the world because I will have to leave my state and country and go outside of my comfort zone and experience things, see things, and do things that will all be new to me.  I will get to live in a completely new way, and experience new things.  I will get to meet new people, go to new places, and experience how other people live.
      Why I am not Excited to Travel the World
      Despite all of the amazing things that I will have the privilege of experiencing, I cannot say that I am disappointed at the same time.  I am majorly disappointed by the fact that going on a yearlong journey means missing out on so much back at home.  I am sure that the benefits will overcome the odds, however I am still skeptical about this as it is so unordinary.  I will be disappointed by the fact that I will not be able to physically see my friends for an entire year.  Hey, I guess that is why humans invented Skype!!  We will see a couple friends along the way through missionary connections that we have, but it will not be the same.  I am very involved in soccer and play year round so that will be a major disappointment.  I also have recently had guitar opportunities with the worship band at church, so I will be bummed by having to leave those so soon.  However, I am 100% positive that the benefits will outweigh the odds. 

2 comments:

  1. Caleb, Excited for you and your family. It will be great to follow your journey and adventures online. Hope to participate in a couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four hours until departure. Praying for a great experience for you.

    ReplyDelete